A peaceful bike ride from Chianti through Certaldo to the Etruscan town of San Gimignano. If you are not an avid cyclist and you just want to enjoy the countryside without sweating and getting too tired, this bike tour is a perfect fit for you.
- Van transfer to the beginning of the ride.
- Ride begins downhill on spectacular roads surrounded by vineyards and olive groves.
- Frequent stops for pictures and to take in the scenery.
- The tour will continue by van to San Gimignano where you’ll have 1.5 hours for lunch (not included in the price) and to explore.
- Transfer back for a wine and extra virgin olive oil tasting.
|Duration||7 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Participants||2-7 (bigger groups are welcome, please contact us)|
Spectators free of charge
A peaceful bike ride from Chianti through Certaldo to the Etruscan town of San Gimignano. If you are not an avid cyclist and you just want to enjoy the countryside without sweating and getting too tired, this bike tour is a perfect fit for you. You will ride mostly downhill enjoying beautiful views of the Chianti wine region, allowing plenty of time for breathtaking photo stops. At the end of the ride you’ll enjoy the view of Certaldo followed by a visit of San Gimignano (UNESCO world heritage site). You’ll have 1.5 hours to experience the fantastic hilltop town and to try the world-renowned gelato, wild boar prosciutto/salame, delicious pecorino cheese, saffron and many more delicacies. At the end of the tour a wine tasting will complete the best day of your vacation in Tuscany.
- Terrain: Paved roads
- Distance: 13km (8miles)
- Total Elevation: 100m (330ft)
- Duration: 8 hours
- Skill level: Beginner (suitable for occasional or casual cyclists)
- Support vehicles: yes