We will cycle along one of the oldest roads from the Middle Ages, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Via Francigena. Thanks to the breathtaking views you can enjoy along the road, the Via Francigena has recently been rediscovered
- Enjoy winding roads, ancient villages and “strade bianche” (Tuscany's famous white
- Keep riding among vineyards and olive groves with frequent stops for pictures and to
- take in the spectacular views of the Tuscan countryside.
- Enjoying the view of San Gimignano while you are pedaling.
- You’ll have about 45 minutes to freely enjoy the town and have a quick bite before
- continuing with the ride (lunch is not included in the price).
|Duration||7 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Participants||2-8 (bigger groups are welcome, please contact us)|
Spectators free of charge
On our E-bike tour you will discover one of the most beautiful areas of Tuscany, the Val d’Elsa. We will cycle along one of the oldest roads from the Middle Ages, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Via Francigena. This road connects Canterbury with Rome and has been abandoned for decades. Thanks to the breathtaking views you can enjoy along the road, the Via Francigena has recently been rediscovered. Before arriving in San Gimignano, the undisputed queen of the Val d'Elsa, we will ride our E-bikes up and down hills full of vineyards, olive groves and ancient medieval villages. In San Gimignano you will have 45 minutes to explore the town, take some pictures and taste some traditional Tuscan food. After lunch we will get back on our E-bikes to ride back to the starting point.
- Terrain: Mixed terrain (paved roads and gravel roads).
- Distance: 35km (21,7miles)
- Total Elevation: 500m (1650ft)
- Duration: 7 hours
- Skill level: Intermediate/ Advance
- Support vehicle: yes